Followers

Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

"P" is for Poulsbo

My husband, Jim, and I traveled this great country of ours for SEVEN years in our RV. We saw many wonderful sights, visited famous and not so famous cities, and wandered through many a National Park. I have blogged through all our travels. I've stumbled upon the "Blogging from A to Z Challenge 2013". I decided to jump on board this crazy train and share with all of you places I have seen in my travels.

Day 16 "Blogging from A-Z Challenge"!





is for Poulsbo, WA







Poulsbo (pronounced "pulls-bow") is a small  town located on Liberty Bay, across Puget Sound from Seattle. Many Scandinavian immigrants came to Poulsbo, especially from Finland and Norway. The town has kept the Scandinavian theme in its shops and restaurants. It is a big tourist destination. Most people arrive by boat in any one of the town's three marinas. (Wikipedia)

My brother-in-law, Mark, first told us about Poulsbo. We spent the day there with him .

Of course, we had to go by boat. We hopped a ferry from Seattle.



Buh-bye Seattle!



Mural on the side of one of the buildings.



I love the brightly colored buildings.



Doesn't this transport you right to a foreign country? Take a look at the name of the bar in the yellow building, "Senior Citizens Lounge". No - I didn't go in there! :)



The famous bakery in town




People patiently waiting their turn




Hmmmm.....let's see.....I'll have one of everything!



We walked down the streets, browsing the shops. I loved the way this store showed off their dresses.




Are these cool boots or what? Too bad they didn't come in my size!



Alleyway decorated so nicely!




The day started out sunny, but as it progressed it got cooler and overcast. By the time we walked along the waterfront it started to rain.



For more information on Poulsbo, click here.

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

JoJo said...

WHOO HOO!!!! When I saw your post I exclaimed out loud, POULSBO!!!!! I got up there once a few years ago. Got some great pics of the Olympic mtns too. What else did you see in Washington? I do miss that state.

Lynn said...

I love the boots!

katie eggeman said...

This is like Solvang on the ocean. beautiful pictures.
Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

AiringMyLaundry said...

I would love that bakery. Yum!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Wow! I just happened on your blog, and this post is on a town not far from where I live. Amazing! I don't think of going there as a tourist . . . it's just a place that I've been to and through a few times.
Great post and great pics. I'll have to check out Poulsbo with different eyes next time.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

All I saw were the baked goods! Now I am hungry. Danish, I love Danish!