Followers

Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

"J" is for Jim

My husband, Jim, and I traveled this great country of ours for SEVEN years in our RV. We saw many wonderful sights, visited famous and not so famous cities, and wandered through many a National Park. I have blogged through all our travels. I've stumbled upon the "Blogging from A to Z Challenge 2013". I decided to jump on board this crazy train and share with all of you places I have seen in my travels.

Day 10 "Blogging from A-Z Challenge"!





"J" is for JIM







As in my husband.

Yeah, yeah, I KNOW, he's not a place.

Do you know how hard it is to come up with a place that begins with the letter "J"? I Googled "how many cities begin with the letter 'J'?" There were 27. I had been to two of them, that I know of. BUT, I had no pictures. There in lies the problem.

So. I thought I would dedicate the letter "J" to my husband Jim.

Number One - because he is helping me with this A-Z challenge by transferring copies of the photos I want from our hard drive to my flash drive so that I can work with them on my laptop. This is a big deal for me. Any time I try to make copies, or deal with moving files, I either erase the photos, corrupt files, or some other not-so-nice thing.

Number Two - my husband humors me when we are out and about. I ask him to pose for photos. And he does it. So I am about to humiliate him even further by sharing a few with you.

This was taken near Two Harbors, Michigan. Who doesn't love adirondack chairs? Uh, but maybe not THIS big!



We were in Albuquerque, NM and came across this sculpture garden outside of the Art Museum. I don't know the official name of this piece, but let's call him "Mr. Sandman", shall we? (The sculpture looks like it is made from packed sand.)



Let me introduce you to "Mr. Sandman and friend".


I see that my husband didn't lift his chin up high enough to exactly copy the statue. Damn! You just can't get good help anymore, you know?

The next photo was taken at the Nasher Sculpture Center in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. This sculpture is called "Bronze Crowd".



I call this one, "Bronze Crowd and the White Guy". Or better yet, "One of these is not like the other!"



You see? Fun, right? Hee-hee. 

I'm sure I have more pictures somewhere, but that's all I'll do today. Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow I'll be back to talking about places, I promise!

11 comments:

Valerie said...

Thank goodness you didn't cut Jim's head off when he stood in line. Loved the sandman and friend!

I didn't realise A-Z was totally about places.

Brian Miller said...

haha...he is a good sport...i have been to that last one before...several years ago...he is a good match for you...

Adam said...

only 27? You expect that for q and z but not J

Christine said...

The more posts I read, the more I like you and your husband. We have albums full of these types of photos.
J's are hard. I don't know if I've ever been to one.

J.L. Campbell said...

Interesting pictures, the bronze crowd could inspire a paranormal story.

Saying hi on the Challenge fly over.

J.L. Campbell writes Jamaican Kid Lit

Anonymous said...

Jim seems easy going. Glad he humors you by accommodating you requests. You captured yourself a good man.

Maude Lynn said...

Jim is a really good sport!

katie eggeman said...

Fun Pictures

Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

Roberta said...

What a guy! What a fun blog you got going here! I can't wait to see your W ...for Wyoming? Yes?! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love a guy with a sense of whimsy!

Lynda said...

Your husband is a good sport to pose for you!!! He is a talented repair person from what I have read on your posts. You two love each other very much. That is obvious from all you have written over the years, too.