Followers

Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fun in the Sun at Canyon Lake, Part Two

I am continuing with my trip on Canyon Lake in Arizona. This is elephant rock way on top of the rock cropping. Can you see it?




We thought this looked like an Indian head, facing to the left.


I thought that THIS looked like a bunch of ET heads gathered together.


Some more beautiful scenery.


Someone piled stones and made a cairn at the edge of the water.


We went as far as we could go on the lake, then turned around and started to head back. When we got to a wide part of the lake, we threw the anchor over, tied two of the boats together, and partied. The third boat went on by themselves.

There was eating,

Swimming,


Singing,

Diane and Pat singing, "They're gonna put me in a whorehouse"
and dancing!


It was Fun with a capital "F"! But, alas, our time was running out. It was time to head back to the marina. Our gas gauge showed 1/4 of a tank so we were a little worried if we would make it back. We kept the boats tied together for awhile and Jim K. towed ours while piloting his boat.

When we got a couple miles out from the marina, we unhooked the boats and then MY Jim took over piloting our boat.

Oh Captain, My Captain!
Right before coming into the marina, we saw the Dolly paddle-boat, full of tourists. The other boat went up alongside it, squirted some of the people, and I believe, sang, "Hello Dolly!"


Jim and me.


Just two weeks prior to this excursion, we took my sisters on the Dolly for a 90 minute tour of Canyon Lake. I took a lot of the same pictures, but a couple that you haven't seen are these:

Ann(l) and Linda(r)
Some more rock formations:

This was is called "Two Sisters" and is supposed to look like two women facing each other.


This one is two-faced. It looks like  a little girl looking to the left, and supposedly Beethoven sitting at the organ on the right. (Sometimes it takes a little imagination and maybe a little drinky-poo!)


I picked out this one. Looks like a screaming face lying on its side to me. See it?


I like this photo of the bell at the back of the boat.


We were lucky enough to see some big horn sheep on the mountain. I zoomed in with my long lens. Here are a couple of cropped shots.


The REAL Captain, My Captain of the Dolly.

Both trips were wonderful. I would highly recommend the Dolly cruise for $20 - it's well worth it! As far as renting the pontoon boats - we will definitely do that again next year! It was so much fun!

9 comments:

A New England Life said...

Is it really hot there, Pat? My gosh what Fun you all had! Wahooo!!! And the scenery is amazing. How I long to go west again.

Sharon

Brian Miller said...

its the extraterrestrial mt rush more....i totally see the indian too...the rock formations are gorgeous...fun fun

Lynda said...

You all do try and enjoy every minute of every day and it seems you are succeeding! Wonderful pictures and great narration.

Rae said...

I love hearing about these excursions of yours. Besides seeing the beautiful scenery, I enjoy reading about the fun you have. Looks and sounds extraordinary.

Anonymous said...

what fun....and such beautiful country. another great trip :)

SquirrelQueen said...

You folks really know how to have a good time. The scenery is amazing and I love the reflection in your header shot. We will definitely take this tour if we get down that way.

Valerie said...

It's such fun making faces and shapes out of the rocks. In the second picture, the Indian jead, I thought I could make out a man on a horse. I can't believe your weather... it makes me want to emigrate!

Teresa said...

you have the best fun! beautiful pictures and yes, i could see that face. cool beans.

labbie1 said...

Jealous here!!!!! How fun!!!!