Followers

Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday's Things in a Row


The other day we were driving through Del Webb, the 55 and over retirement community, (or "almost dead" as my friends like to call it!), when I spied this cute water can display on a corner lot. I didn't have my camera with me at the time but promised myself that next time we went that way I would be sure to bring my camera. A few days later we were going to pass by that way again. I was happy. Of course, I tried to remember the name of the street it was on, and could only come up with "M".

Now let me tell you about my husband, Jim. Most of the time he's a trooper when I say that I want to take pictures of something. He'll pull over when he can and wait patiently while I putter around with my camera.

But other times he's just a big baby. I'll ask him to stop in the middle of the street so I can shoot right out my window. I don't care if it's a main street; if there are no cars coming, what's the big deal?

Apparently, if a car comes within 30-40 feet of our truck, Jim panics.

"There's a car coming. A car's COMING. A CAR'S COMING!"

He thinks if he raises his voice, AND repeats the sentence, that I, too, will panic.

Uh, no.

I'll look in the mirror and see the car is just approaching us and is still about 30 feet back.

For this I ruined my photo op?

Are you kidding me?

Do you seriously think someone is going to argue with Big Blue?

Anyway, you get my point.

Then Jim thinks that I'm always crossing the line. Figuratively and literally. Like the above photo, for instance. Jim dropped me off in front of the house and went to turn the truck around. This display was on a corner lot for all the world to see.....meaning little ole me.

Granted, I DID walk on their grass.

I got closer to the watering cans and took pictures from different angles.

You may notice that yellow bucket in the photo. Maybe the people were out there earlier picking weeds and putting them in the bucket. Maybe they forgot to bring the bucket inside. OR, maybe they just went inside to go to the bathroom or get something to drink.

That's all I know is that I really didn't want that yellow bucket in my photo.

But even I knew that moving that bucket out of the shot was pushing it.

So there it is. Four watering cans in a row with a yellow bucket to boot. Just pretend the bucket isn't there.

I had to trespass to get this shot. I'm lucky I didn't get arrested.

'Cause you KNOW my husband would NOT have bailed me out.

That would have been HIS idea of "I TOLD YOU SO!"

So, did you risk yourself taking any "Things in a row" shots this week? What have you got?




14 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

I love those watering cans, I would have risked getting arrested to get that shot. :)
The one I have for this week required me to stand between two airport runways. Of course it was a small regional airport and there were no planes coming or going and it was an open house.....guess that wasn't all that risky. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Can't do it this week! Left my camera at a friend's house a few days ago and still haven't gotten it back.
Cute picture!

-driz
refreshsomething.blogspot.com

Francisca said...

I don't have an in-row photo for you this week, Pat, but I want to tell you how I RELATE to your story with your hubby! Most of the time mine is a real gem and even gives me the benefit of his knowledge of photography and opinions when I ask for them. Sometimes I get on his nerves. I may have walked in to move the bucket... but your shot does tell the story.

Brian Miller said...

haha...i would loved to hear you explaning this in court..."well you see i have this blog..." i think you would have gotten off...lol

Gail said...

What we do for a good picture! It was well worth it, excellent shot.

Unknown said...

Love the watering cans! Glad you're not posting this from jail! lol

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one willing to do anything for a good shot ;)

Happy day my friend

Tanya Breese said...

lol oh that's funny! pretty summer shot too!

labbie1 said...

Atta girl! Just post from your cell and we will all be there for you--I have the feeling that more than one of us have tresspassed, slowed traffic and done something kinda, um, not KOSHER for a shot! LOL

Love this one! :)

BTW, I would have been honored if I was the homeowner and removed the bucket for you! ;-)

labbie1 said...

Um, is this a test? Cause I count 5 watering cans there...

kisatrtle said...

I love this pictur

Rita said...

Still giggling!
Do appreciate all the trouble you went to! Great shot! ;)

DeepBlue said...

LOL! Comming here from David at Alokoli, but it's not my first time, I think??? Love the picture. I would have try to talk with the owner of the house though... who knows, maybe he would have agree on taking the bucket away!
Great idea for a serie.
Hugs
Jon

Lynda said...

The watering cans are a festive summer look. The bucket is a watering can wannabe!