Followers

Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Morning

As you know, I spent the holidays back home in the Chicagoland area. A few days prior to Christmas I took the train down to my daughter Jessica's house.

I had FOUR full days of this beautiful little smile:


Now I ask you, could YOU resist that smile?

I did the majority of my holiday shopping on line and had all the packages sent to Jessica's house. What little shopping I did in PERSON, I packed in this Home Depot box that you see in the background.


I had picked up a lot of miscellaneous things for Lily from the local Goodwill store like small dishes for her play kitchen, foam puzzles, and this pack 'n play for her dollies.


It only cost me a mere $3.99! I saw it for $12.99 in the stores! I brought it home, washed the fabric in the washing machine, sterilized all the other parts with a clorox wipe, stitched up a small tear in the fabric, and we were good to go! You can see that Lily liked it! She readily filled it with her baby dolls "Baby" and "Honey", and of course, her beloved bear "George".

Every day I'd take something out of "Grandma's magical box" and give it to Lily. She would get so excited over this. Nothing was over $4, and the majority was from Goodwill.

I love this photo of Lily while she's studying a photo in a book, trying to find objects on the page. She's really engaged in the activity!



On Christmas morning Lily came downstairs and asked, "Where's Santa?"

Her mother explained that Santa was already gone, but that he had left presents for her.

Lily said, "Oh my God, I am SO excited!"

She picked up one box and shook it. (It was a puzzle.) She heard the pieces moving around and asked, "Is Santa in HERE?"

I don't think she quite understands the "Santa" concept yet!

I won't bore you with all the pictures from Christmas - just the ones I think are the funniest and/or cutest of Lily.

Here she is so excited because she received a Nerf football! (She loves to watch the Green Bay Packers with her Daddy, much to my chagrin! Go Bears!)


In the next three sequences of photos, look how excited she is to get a TOOTHBRUSH in her stocking!



Do you know those "net" wash things, or "foo-foo" things, that you use in the shower with body wash? (I don't know the official name of it do you?) Anyfoo, Lily got one in her stocking. Jessica told her that she got her own "loofah". Lily said, "OH MY GOD, I'm SO EXCITED! I have my OWN loofah!" And then she hugged it. Fact. Here's the proof.


Is this kid a comedian or what?

Of course, she's not the only one that's funny in that house. Look at their dog, Venus. I think she's trying to hide from all the commotion going on!


Unless she's trying to get warm. Then she snuggles up against anyone or anything on the couch, her brother, Atlas, included.


The cats and dogs ALL got stockings with treats inside. Here the dogs are getting their treats:


Two of the three cats are getting their treats.....Cora was hiding at the moment. AND where there's food....there's ATLAS (the male dog!)


We found Cora (the smallest cat) hiding under the tree. Jessica gave her a couple of treats but she wasn't interested. Of course Atlas, a.k.a. "Hoover", is hanging around just in case he gets lucky! Also, another cat is peeking out from under the tree. That's Kahn!


And finally, here's part of my family.

l-r: Jason (son), Dave (SIL), Jessica (daughter)
I hope you all had wonderful holidays!

20 comments:

Ami said...

What a lovely holiday!! And such a sweet and funny little girl! I know you already know... but she is just.stinkin. adorable.

Thanks for sharing!

SUGAR MOON said...

I totally agree-adorable!

Historical sites with charmine said...

What an adorable little girl!!! great family pics.Glad you had a fab time with family. Hubby and I spent Christmas with my parents,it's always wonderful when spent with family.

Historical sites with charmine said...

Happy new year pat!

Valerie said...

Nice pictures, Pat. I was lovely to see Lily so excited and I thought the picture of Venus hiding behind the cushion was fab.

Over here those bath nets are called Bath lilies.

Brian Miller said...

nice...looks like you were surrounded by a lot of fun over the holidays...happy new year....

Unknown said...

Glad you had such a fun time with Lily! Grandkids just make the holidays so much fun!

Jeannelle said...

Great memories! She probably had fun with the cardboard box, too.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

And that is what Christmas morning should be! I won't see mine for a couple of weeks, then we will have our little celebration. I can hardlyt wait to see them!

Rae said...

You had a great trip home. Enjoyed seeing all your photos. Lily is a sweetie. She's a witty little girl - gonna be like her grandma.

DesertHen said...

She is precious! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Lynda said...

Lily looks like she has grown a lot since you were there this summer - - - at least her face has changed - - or is it the haircut?
I am so glad you took lots of pictures. Everyone will cherish them as the years go by. When I look at our old pics from Christmases past, I am transported back there - - aren't you?

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Lily is adorable. She has her granny's humor streak, I think. What a funny kid. So very cute. Love the photos. Thanks for sharing. Love reading what you are up to.
Blessings, Barb

Wendy said...

OMG Lily is SO adorable!
And funny too? Bonus!

Glad you had a good time with your family, but...
I've missed you Pat!
Glad to have you back. =-)

Carletta said...

Your Lily reminds me of my Lily and her sister Lucy. It takes special little girls to be excited over simple things. My granddaughters got gifts one morning of kid dishes and a whistle - simple little gifts most kids would have snubbed noses at. I think we have special daughters who've shown their children kindness and grace. :)
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
Happy New Year!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Cute pictures!!

Happy New Year!

Lakers' Blog said...

Pat, you are very creative. You and your camera find stories everywhere. Lily is a real cutie. I love the things she says. The picture of her reading should be enlarged - it is wonderful!

SquirrelQueen said...

Lily's smile is not only irresistible but also contagious, I couldn't help but smile back. Your photos of her opening her presents are so cute. It looks like you had a great Christmas with the family.

Liz said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas pictures. They were just great. Who can resist a little girl that's excited by a toothbrush? That's awesome. Lily is also officially "cool" since she's a Packer fan!!! HA!! Go Packers!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your lovely family.

Unknown said...

Oh my gush, she is a character and so adorable. Who among us adult will have a reaction like that over a loo-fahhh!! Hahahaha it made me laugh watching her antics captured by grandma ^_^. Thanks for sharing Pat! Happy New Year!