Followers

Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Moral of the story.....read the small print

I dyed my hair last night. No biggie. I do this routine about every 6-8 weeks. I have gray hair mostly by my sideburns. (Do women have sideburns?) Anyway, I'm not real particular about the color I choose....usually it's in the blondish/light brown/auburn field.

I put the color all over my hair. It was black. But that's okay; it usually rinses out to be a different color.

It did.

My hair was gray.

What the?

Well, "frosted" was more like it.

A dull, UGLY frosted color. I looked like I aged 10 years.

Oh, yes, this was EXACTLY the look I was going for.

Preference my ass.

I looked at the name of the color. "Ultra light ash brown."

Scratch that.

Should be "Mouse brown with gray highlights."

Then I read further.

"FOR DARK HAIR ONLY"

and

"UL61 is a frosted brown shade with ash tones, which will minimize red/orange tones. For optimal color results, use on your natural medium brown to black hair."

and

"Not recommended for use on hair previously colored ..."

DAMN!

Lesson for today: When all else fails, read the freakin' directions!

I'm hiding in my trailer till Jim comes home with a new bottle of hair dye. I don't care what color he gets; anything is better than what I have now!

18 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Well - it will make for a good story. It already has on your blog!

Unknown said...

Just the other day I read the manual for my new DSLR......because it came with a dead battery pack and it took FOREVER to charge (actually about 3 hours). Anyway, what did reading a manual for the first time in my life get me? Stuck indoors because this &#@%!! heat wave makes it impossible for me to breathe outdoors without a scuba tank! I've had the camera since Wednesday and still haven't been out in the world to use it. Moral of the story.....I'm never reading the directions for anything ever again!

Anonymous said...

heheheh, back in the day when i had hair, I once fell asleep with bleach on my head, when i awoke it was white and felt like dead straw, it was so pretty....hahahaha

Unknown said...

I gave up coloring my hair years ago! I figure I earned every one of these gray hairs and I wear them proudly! (Plus I'm to cheap and lazy to color it anymore!)

Unknown said...

Oh My! I once wound up with purple hair, guess I should have read the directions.

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

This is too funny! Yesterday my post was about reading directions! I don't either! I have had all kinds of wrong colors on my hair! I have also learned never, NEVER use any color that has the word ASH in it....bad, BAD move.

hopeuflly you will be back to your self before the day is over!

Ami said...

Sad when you want to die after dyeing.
;)

Brian Miller said...

oh ami,bad pun...lol...i hope that it all ends well pat...maybe a nice short film...smiles...comedy...

(runs away before getting hit by flying object)

A New England Life said...

That's not good!

Recently I colored my hair to what was supposed to be a medium reddish-brown. It came out almost black! The next morning I used Color Oops and then it was almost blonde. LOL!

Life is like a box of haircolor ... you never know whatchu gonna git!

Teresa said...

LOL - I've had hair dye issues myself. One time, I used "highlights" and it said if you'd permed your hair within 2 weeks to not use it. I'd permed my hair 2 MONTHS earlier so I thought I was good. My hair came out ORANGE. Literally, think Lucille Ball. Next day, I went and got something else that a hair person over Clairol's help line told me to get. That made it worse. So, the next day I colored it again and that time it was perfect. Never could duplicate that perfect color again.

Donna said...

HAHAHAHaaaa......That use to happen to me!
I haven't used the stuff since the 80's...
Loved the story though!
Hope hubby hurries home with the bottle!LOLOL
I needed this!
hughugs

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

sorry,but this cracked me up...giggles....made my morning :)

Anonymous said...

I never used any dye since I am content with my own nature color black. My sis used to these dye to change her hair color into brown but one she showered it gives her a strange color which need to be washed out completely. Hope u get u r hair color in good condition Pat. :)

Valerie said...

I don't dye, I daren't! Even reading the instructions wouldn't help me...grins. Hope you get back to normal soon, Pat.

Lynda said...

funny - - NOT! I will be interested to hear if you get the problem solved. Sounds like a good reason to keep a wig.

kisatrtle said...

Omg that isnt good

Lisa Gioia-Acres said...

Thanks for the reminder - I never read the directions. Hope the new color works better!

P.S., love the cows eating picture.

labbie1 said...

I once went to color my hair and tried a red color. Not liking the result, I thought, well, I think ash brown will reverse the red and make it okay.

It turned purple and I was out of dye--and I had to pick up my son from Jr. High. I knew it looked hideous when he opened the door and said "cool hair mom!!! I like it!" and meant it! LOL