Followers

Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Tidbits from Trailer Pat



It's that time again for me to bestow some helpful hints to you, my lovely followers.

This first one I found in Real Simple magazine. You've heard of "Beer Can Chicken" where you shove a half full can a beer up a chicken's, er, butt and then roast in the oven or on a grill?

Well, this is a little more sophisticated. Not that there's anything wrong with Beer Can Chicken, or Butt Chicken, mind you. It's delish. But this new way has a bonus. You can roast vegetables along with the chicken.


That's right. Chicken-in-a-bundt-pan. First you layer potatoes, carrots and onions on the bottom of the pan. Then season the chicken and place in the pan with the cavity over the center hole. Be sure to set the pan on a cookie sheet to collect any drippings and roast as usual.

I, myself, haven't tried this because my convection oven is too small in my trailer. So one of you try it and let me know how it turns out. I bet it would be great!

***********************************************************************
This is a problem that women don't want to talk about, but it happens.

That unwanted hair.

On your chinny-chin-chin.

It's especially bad when you don't notice it until you're sitting in the car and the sun is shining on your face and you happen to glance in the rear view mirror and let out blood curdling scream because you see a werewolf looking back at you.

Okay, maybe it's not THAT bad, but it's pretty bad when you find a hair that's about an inch long that seemed to grow overnight.

And it's BLACK.

And it has a few buddies scattered here and there around him.

Damn!

Well, ladies, don't fret. I have the PERFECT solution.

It's called "Finishing Touch" hair removal and it works like a charm. It's a little hand held, battery operated tool, smaller than a tooth brush, that you just run across your chin, upper lip, or anywhere else you have unwanted hair, and Wha-lah! Hair-be-gone!

My sisters turned me on to this little beauty secret. It ranges in price from 8.99-9.99 and is available at Ulta, Bed Bath and Beyond, Amazon, and I'm sure many other places.

I picked one up at the Ulta Store when I was out shopping with my friends. I turned them on to this little beauty trick while driving home in the car. Norma oohed and ahhed from the back seat while shaving her chin. Then I handed it our driver, Kathy, who was kind enough to wait for a red light before she trimmed up her hair! I just blew off all my friends' excess chin hairs and then ran the shaver along my face. By the time we got home we were all as hairless as this:


Let me know if you like the Finishing Touch!


20 comments:

Ami said...

I have frequently discussed facial hair on my blog.

I think it helps to know we're not alone.

I'm snickering at the image of sharing a shaver as you drive around with your friends, however.

And I will probably continue to don my strongest reading glasses and YANK those little effers out. Soooo satisfying.

Unknown said...

It sounds good, but I'm not sure I want to look like that photo!

SquirrelQueen said...

I've never tried the beer can chicken but the bundt pan version sounds good. I might give it a try one of these days.

I love the last image, that might be getting carried away a bit however. You are just too funny Pat.

Gail said...

Poor naked chimp!!! I was thinking you were going to say you did that, too!

The Bipolar Diva said...

I want chicken now! That looked yummy..

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

Thanks for the laughs! I personally like beer can chicken too! where does the beer go in the new fangled chicken in a bundt pan?

May have to try the hairless thingy!

Rae said...

Add advice columnist to the multi-talents of Trailer Pat. Thanks for the beer in the butt help. You are too much.

Anonymous said...

that photo is scary as hell...lol

Teresa said...

love beer can chicken. might have to try the other suggestions.

Maude Lynn said...

Beer can chicken is awesome! I'll have to check out the bundt pan.

Brian Miller said...

i like the bundt idea...it makes me uncomfortable violating chickens with beer bottles...i think you missed a spoton the hair removal....

Valerie said...

Beer can chicken? Ye Gods, whatever next? I just roast in a roasting tin which is quite efficient. Interesting about the shaver thingy, must search for one as soon as poss. It would be handy to have one in the purse ... ready... grins.

Betty Manousos said...

the chicken photo priceless.
now i'm hungry.

I've never tried beer can chicken...sounds good though.

Have a great weekend!

Lynda said...

I haven't had that chicken but have heard it is delicious. Great idea to put it in the Bundt pan. I tweeze those unwanted hairs. Hopefully it keeps them away longer. What I don't understand is how they aren't there one day and the next, they are loooonnnngggg! It's just not right to have hairy faces when our scalps are thinning - - - just not right at all.

Donna B. said...

OK...would you give the "butt beer can chicken" recipe please...just the title wants me to make it. The "Bunt pan chicken" sounds very creative...definitely won't forget the cookie sheet underneath...

I have heard of the magic touch...but doesn't it leave stubbles like shaving??

You are an encyclopedia of information Pat!!

Always a giggle...

Carletta said...

I didn't think of it till I read MiMi's comment. Do you put beer in the bundt pan?
I have used a 'Finishing Touch' for quite some time. I wouldn't do without it!
No Donna, no stubble!
That pic of the monkey looks way more man-like without any hair.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Mmm, I love chicken.

I haven't ever tried Finishing Touch but I should look into it. I'm from a very hairy family.

Missy said...

Ha! That is hilarious!!!
I love Beer Chicken!

B. WHITTINGTON said...

What great tips. Esp the bundt pan chicken. I'll try that.
Love the little shaver thing.
Well off here to pull a hair from my chinny chin chin.
LOVE your posts. You are so funny!!!
Blessings. Barb

labbie1 said...

So, the Finishing Touch doesn't leave stubble that has to be tended daily?

My present fav is Sally Hansen Hair remover, but I could be convinced...