Followers

Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Super Bowl XLV Party













Our park sponsored a Super Bowl party here on Sunday. A $5 ticket bought you a hot dog with all the trimmings and all the beer you could drink.

The ballroom was filled with football fans.

Or people who liked to party!






Here is our table filled with friends and food.




That's Mike staring off into space. I don't know if he's dreaming of who was going to win the game, or drinking his next beer!

The table next to us had great appetizers!



 This is what happened when I suggested they share them with us!


I tried.

I really didn't care who won the Super Bowl, since my Chicago Bears didn't make it. But it turned out that we had someone pretty special at the party who is a resident at our park.

His name is Ed Sprinkle. He played for the Chicago Bears from 1944-1955. He has been called "The Meanest Man in Pro Football" and his nickname is "The Claw".



Of course, now, at 87 years old, he looks like a pussycat.






This is my son, Jason, with "The Claw".



We had our own pre-game entertainment. Dancing to "We Will Rock You" by Queen, here are some volunteers from our park kicking up their heels.



Here they are encouraging the crowd to join them in singing the chorus, "We will, we will ROCK YOU!"







Curtis sang his rendition of "Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?"


Let the game begin!


Jim was cheering for the Packers.





Jason was for the Steelers.





We know who was happy with the outcome!

I personally loved the commercials. Here are my top two favorites:








Did you watch the game?

13 comments:

Teresa said...

LOL - loved the darth vader commercial; hated, hated, hated the doritos commercial.

i got parts of the game watched but not the whole thing. had to drive back home from amy's house after i helped with isaiah's boy scout cake. it's an hour long drive.

Unknown said...

I confess, I watched very little of the game. I'm not a football fan. I spent the time reading blogs, and preparing future posts. I have all my posts ready now through next Tuesday!

Brian Miller said...

nice. looks like you had a lot of fun...kinda glad i didnt go to a party with the way the game turned out...ugh.

Gail said...

Didn't watch the game but I love the commercials!

Donna B. said...

Oh heck ya...my husband's son has an annual super bowl party and out does himself EVERY YEAR!! There was so much food...at half time pizzas were delivered...and I LOVE PIZZA!! I was so full, I could not eat any...I was so ticked!

I loved the VW commercial, THE FORCE, but it was edited too short. I am so glad you showed the whole commercial in its original format.

B. WHITTINGTON said...

We did watch the game but our afternoon wasn't near as fun as yours. It was just the two of us with a few snacks - me asking a bunch of dumb questions which lead to a few smart remarks and then I retreated to the computer.
We were happy the Packers won.
Love reading your blog. You are a fun lovin' happy gal.
Blessings.

Missy said...

You have way too much fun! LOL

Lynda said...

I see why you love being with that group in the winter. You all really enjoy being together. The VW commercial was great but the Doritos commercial was weird. And I love Doritos!

Ed said...

Looks like you guys has a blast!

I loved the commercials, but the SafeAuto and the Audi commercial where my favs.

Darth Vader was good too.

Valerie said...

And a good time was had by all. Even over here the game had some happy supporters... hubs wore his Steelers gear in sympathy the next day.

Anonymous said...

y'all sure know how to party...looks like a wonderful time

Carletta said...

I so envy you and your fun times. :)
I watched the game to see the Steelers, uh, lose.
The Doritos commercial was funny!

SquirrelQueen said...

Looks like you folks had a fun party. We watched as much for the commericals as the game. I loved the Darth Vader commerical and my other favorite was the Budweiser Tiny Dancer.