Followers

Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday's Things in a Row

Hello Everyone!

This is a continuation from the photos I took at "Septemberfest" over Labor Day Weekend in our town. There were 250 craft vendors, carnival rides, food, entertainment, bingo, and fireworks. It drew quite a crowd.

I used to like to ride the Ferris Wheel when I was young, but now it scares the bejesus out of me. I hate when the seats rock, and if you are with a particularly sadistic person who KNOWS you are afraid of the rocking, it is even worse. Just saying. By the way, did you know that the first Ferris wheel was designed as a landmark by George Washington Gale Ferris Jr. for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago? The term "ferris wheel" has been used generically for all structures. (Wikipedia)


Baby wheel (more my size!)



All those flags in a row, on top of the Fantasy Faire, where you can get all the junk food you desire!


Unsuspecting victims before the ride started.



Just TRY to knock me over! (Nearly impossible - have you EVER seen anyone win?)



Not sure WHY this individual has so many balloons, as he was leaving the festival. Later I saw another person walking home with a huge bundle of balloons. Could they have been prizes? Why would anyone buy so many balloons?



And finally, these toys best describe how the weather was on the second day that we attended the festival!


Do you have anything fun this week?



10 comments:

Jim said...

Your SeptemberFest looks like a winner! And you got it started just when the weather cooled?

My favorite row picture of yours is the pepper's hanging on the fence. Those guys are cute but serious looking.

I did a Feris wheel post just below (before) my Thursday Things in a Row post. It was about a ride of Mrs. Jim's and mine.
Danger! Jim'sFeris Wheel Ride

SquirrelQueen said...

That looks like fun. I haven't ridden a Ferris wheel in few years. The last time I did it was with my stepdaughter and it was her first time. I knew I didn't have to worry about her rocking the seat. LOL!

Nope, I've never seen anyone knock those things over. Love the peppers!

Brian Miller said...

big smiles...and way fun...i love the fair...def love fair food as well, not good for you i know...smiles...

fun this week? plenty of it...played a wonderful game of soccer with the fam last night...

Gail said...

Fun rows!!!

Monkey said...

the balloons and the peppers made me smile.....great shots :)

Dianne said...

there is a ginat ferris wheel at Coney Island
it's so big that it's almost impossible to rock the cars
I like that one

your photos are so pretty and happy

Adam said...

We have the fair coming in october in my town

Valerie said...

Fun pictures, Pat, especially the last one. I'm with you on the ferris wheel... used to love it as a kid but now, well I don't go on now. It's too scary.

Lynda said...

It sounds like it was a great event with all those vendors! Other than the heat, of course.

Unknown said...

great photos! got my mouth watering for fair food. the last photo was my favorite!