Followers

Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday's Things in a Row

This week's photos were taken at one of my favorite places....the library!

photo credit - internet


We are very fortunate that our new home is located just a few blocks down from the library, which is the second largest public library in the state of Illinois. With over 1 million visitors each year, the library circulates over 2,000,000 items annually.(Info taken directly from library's website.) Jim and I do our part in circulating items! We visit the library at least two times a week!

The first photo I took right from the front seat of my car. Don't worry, Jim was driving! This is of the parking lot, and all the cars in a row! The library is always busy, and a parking space near the door is a premium!


As you walk into the library, this gentleman greets you. He sits in the lobby, right outside the coffee shop.


I know this isn't really things in a row, unless you count the glass panes above, but I just wanted you to see how realistic this statue is. Seriously, did you think he was real?

I had to ask permission to take pictures in the library. I told them it was for my blog; AND I promised them I wouldn't take pictures of any people. I lived up to that promise except for my last photo (which I won't show you till next week). But at least everyone's backs were to me!

First stop - the media center. Look at this wonderful marquee - like an old-fashioned movie theater!

I like all the white lights in a row. In this large room there are many, many:

DVD'S


And for those not into this millennium yet, VHS tapes:

There are also CD's available, which I did NOT take any pictures of, and sheet music. I'm sure they even have albums.

They have the latest audiobooks available:


And finally, this is the area where you pick up any books that you placed on hold.


I will show you the remainder of my photos from the library next Thursday.

I am trying out a new linky. I sure hope it works out okay.

11 comments:

The Bipolar Diva said...

That statue is just too cool!

Jim said...

Welcome back, Pat. Here is hoping you had a good holiday.

I like your things all in a row this week, even the lone statue.

Books on tape, now in CD form, are really neat. I listened to the whold "Left Behind" series on CD, mostly going to and from work before I retired.

Our library also had a place to keep the books on hold where you could get your own. But they stopped doing that. I don't know why.

Jim's Little Blog; Thursday Things in a Row (posts)
..

Monkey said...

Gosh I love to read and that looks like book heaven....great shots :)

Have a wonderful day my friend

Brian Miller said...

that statue is way cool....and your library is so modern...ours is working on it...

Unknown said...

That statue does look real! Looks like you have an amazing library at your disposal!

Anonymous said...

WHAT a LIBRARY! Just amazing!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I would LOVE that library! Amazing.

Scrappy Grams said...

wow! such a lot of books, etc. in a row! Love the sign for the DVDs! I'd love if our library had a coffee shop. The Books-a-Million store has one, and I had coffee there only once; it was tasty.

Lynda said...

I am sure you know I am LOVING this post. It's a great looking library with some creativity. It appears that people who work there LOVE what they do! I can understand why their circulation is so great.

DesertHen said...

What a unique library! I love rows and rows of books and movies!

momto8 said...

I love your library too! I love all libraries really..smiles!