Followers

Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Why don't they sell fleas at flea markets and why don't people swap anything at swap meets?

If you ever come to the Phoenix area, and you like flea markets/swap meets, then the Mesa Market Place Swap Meet is for you!



It is located on the outskirts of the city of Mesa, with the Superstition Mountains looming in the background.



There is plenty of parking on three sides of the buildings.




The swap meet is huge with 1,600 vending booths that cover 1 1/4 miles of shopping lanes. They sell everything imaginable from jewelry to toys to furniture to shoes to socks to hats.

This is at the start in Aisle A. There are four aisles to walk down. I'm usually tired after only two, just to give you an idea of how big this market is!



Maybe you'd like one of these nice ceramic pots:



Or who could live without a cow's skull? Or perhaps a nice cactus?



If you should get hungry while shopping, they have several food areas to grab a hamburger, hot dog, or the like.



In Aisle B you can sit down and eat AND listen to entertainment.



On this particular day, The Needham Twins were performing. They are a real popular group in the area. They sing songs from the 50's to the 70's. They have performed at our park several times.




The Snow Birds are a major part of the shopping business and the vendors are always happy to welcome us back into the area.



Here are some of the Red Dirt products. Their gimmick is that they are dyed from the red dirt of Arizona. Click here to read more about them and see more of their products.




Here are some beautiful ceramic animals. The rooster is cute. I could see all of these guys in front of my trailer. But I think they'd be hard to travel around with, don't you?

10 comments:

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

This sounds like fun!! I like the Red Dirt stuff! Really neat.

Brian Miller said...

what a cool place...we used to have a real big one by where we lived in florida...always fun to walk around on a saturday...

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Ha ha! I have one of those dirt shirts but it is an *Alabama* Dirt Shirt. Otherwise it is exactly the same shirt. How funny.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Sounds like a good way to spend a day, don't know that I need to buy a shirt dyed with dirt..... Drew does that for himself!

SquirrelQueen said...

What a great place to spend a day ... or two, it looks huge. I love the ceramics, those little pots are so cute. The dirt products are interesting, the bags are what catch my eye. Thanks for the tour Pat, that was fun.

Valerie said...

Gosh, Pat, and I thought our market places were big! I never heard of a market with entertainment before ... what fun! Fancy one of those dirt hats for hubs.

Rae said...

How interesting with lots of unique stuff. Now if I am in ever in the mood for some cow skulls I will know where to shop. Thanks. And if you ever get the urge and are around that area I would love to see photos of Hohokam park where the Cubs have spring training.

Meeko Fabulous said...

I love those ceramic aminals! (yes, you read correct, I said aminals). :)

Fran Hill said...

I like the look of this place. I want one of those cow skulls. They look as though they're saying, 'If those cacti get any taller and poke us in the eye, there's going to be hell to pay.'

Anonymous said...

Ooooo I want one of those cow skull heads. Seriously.