Monday, June 10, 2013
So, yeah. I'm ready to sell my brain and buy a new one. I'm just not happy with the one I got.
My memory is failing. I must need a new "hard drive" or something. Let me tell you all the goofy things I have done - all within a week!
Last weekend I attended a family party. Got all gussied up, well not in a dress or anything, but more than the grubby stuff I wear around the house. I started to put my makeup on and realized that I didn't have any foundation because I had been breaking out with the two different kinds I tried recently. I KNOW. I'm too freakin' OLD to have pimples. WTF??
My sister, Pam, was coming over and we were all going to drive together (Jim included) to the party. I knew she would have makeup with her, so I waited till she arrived. Sure enough, she had some that I could borrow. I put some on and called it a day.
1) I forgot to put on blush. Now, I know you might not think this is a big deal, but, it's like putting the finishing touch on your makeup (along with lipstick, which I remembered.) Thankfully I had a few hot flashes during the meal, which pinkened my cheeks, I'm sure.
2) I wore two different earrings to this same party. These two earrings to be exact.
No one noticed. Or said anything, anyway, THAT day. (One sister admitted to me the next day that she noticed but thought that this was the new trend!) They are completely different sizes. True they have similar colors and markings. But still. In MY defense, I WILL tell you that I planned to wear one of these earrings. I can't remember which one. But these two were stuck together in my jewelry box. So I just untangled them, and proceeded to put one in each ear. I just wasn't thinking.
I know. Therein lies the problem!
3) My sister, Pam, and I were talking on the phone while watching the Chicago Blackhawks game. (Blackhawks vs. Bruins in the Stanley Cup this week! Yipee!) She mentioned that she had been to a Blackhawks game a few years ago with the company she works for and that they sat in a skybox.
I told her that I used to go to the Blackhawks games a long time ago with my ex, but we sat in the "knees-bleed" section (instead of "nose-bleed"). I knew as soon as I said the words that they were wrong, but I started laughing so hard that I couldn't talk.
Pam said, "Wait, what did you say? Did you say knees-bleed?"
I could barely get out a "u-huh" because I could hardly stop laughing.
She started laughing, and laughing, and laughing.
It was one of those rare moments when you really, REALLY belly laugh and you can't STOP laughing. In between gasps I said, "It feels like I am on a tilt-a-whirl and my head is being pulled back! I can't stop laughing!"
Pam continued to laugh and said, "Please stop! I'm having chest pains!"
I held the phone away from my mouth and let out a big guffaw - "HAHAHAHAHAHA!!" I wondered why Jim didn't come out of the room to see what all the commotion was about; but his TV was so dang loud he said he didn't hear a thing!
Pam and I had to hang up; then 10 minutes later she called back and we were both still laughing.
4) I got my haircut the other day by someone new. His name is Michael. What a nice guy! You know when you meet someone and you know right off the bat that you are going to be friends? This is how it was with Michael. We started kidding around right away and talking about different things. I said something like, "I'm a good driver, I'm a very good driver" and then asked, "What movie is that from?"
Michael said, "I don't know."
Me: "You know! With Al Pacino and Tom Cruise!"
"Scent of a Woman?"
Michael: "Well, he drives in there, even though he is blind!"
"No, no, no, no no!"
"I don't know! We're going to have to Google it!"
(All the while he's cutting my hair!)
We start talking about something else when I yell out "RAINMAN!!!"
Michael said, "That's not Al Pacino, that's DUSTIN HOFFMAN!!"
"Oh. Well, I get the two mixed up!!"
5) Same day, with Michael cutting my hair. He asked me if I believe in astrology and I said, "somewhat". I'm the kind of person who believes in it if my horoscope is good that day, you know? Anyway, he told me that he was a "Virgo". I said, "So is my husband!"
"Really?" Michael asked.
"Is he an animal lover? 'Cause I just love animals!"
"Are you kidding me? Jim hates animals! Well, he doesn't hate them. But he doesn't want any! I've been wanting a pet for 29 years we've been married. But he says animals belong outside. I always kid Jim and tell him that if he dies before me, I will pick out his casket, then go straight to the pet store and get a dog, a cat, and a bird!"
"I just LOVE plants! I have tons of plants! I have 50 citrus trees in pots in my yard!"
"No, that does NOT sound like my husband!"
"Wow." Michael said. "Is he the outdoors type?"
I pictured my husband on his computer. "Uh, no."
The hour flew by, Michael did wonders on my hair, and a friendship developed. I came home beautiful, okay, better looking than when I left, and was all bubbly about my visit. I told Jim all about Michael.
"So," I said, "Michael told me he was a Virgo, and I said, so is my husband!"
Jim said, "I'm not a VIRGO, I'm a SCORPIO!"
Oh. Yeah. I knew that!
No WONDER he was totally opposite Michael.
My memory drive failed again.
See what I mean?
Where can I get a new brain?
Posted by Pat at 9:55 AM