Followers

Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

World's Largest Truck Stop

Driving through Iowa on our way to Illinois, we just HAD to stop at the World's Largest Truck Stop in Walcott, Iowa.
photo courtesy of Eric B.


As soon as I walked inside, I saw this pick-up truck right smack dab in the middle of the floor!


To the left was a food court and a large sit down area to eat.


The bathrooms were off to the right. I don't know about the men's bathroom (I didn't ask Jim!), but the women's was quite interesting! Of course it kept with the whole "trucking" theme, with the stalls made out of diamond plated sheets.


It actually seemed kind of "manly" in there, you know? The hand dryer was REALLY powerful. Look at the way my skin was blowing around on my hand!


Okay, we're done with business there! Exiting the bathroom we come upon a gift shop.


There are many, many different items to browse through. One item that caught my eye. Hmmmmm....is this why I don't golf?

Continuing through this shop, we come to a stairway leading down to a huge showroom.


This was a Trucker's Paradise. Heck, you didn't even have to be a trucker to enjoy this place. But more than likely you had to be a man. Look way in the background of that picture above. Why, yes, yes indeed, that is a SEMI parked in the store.

Here's a better look: (That's JIM behind the wheel!)



Here's the long, long, long trailer!


Behind the wheel:


The back seat (bunk beds) of the truck. This is what I need for OUR truck!


This wasn't the only truck in the store. Nosiree Bob! There was this nice blue one, which puts our Big Blue to shame, I'm afraid!


AND this spiffy looking yellow one!


After I was awed by the semis, I just started having fun taking photos. Take a gander and see what I mean:

Word of advice: You never want to be THISCLOSE to the grillwork of a moving truck.
Doesn't this look like it belongs on a James Bond car instead of a semi truck?
Smile pretty for the camera!


I was amazed to see this sign in the store:


Those are a LOT of amenities for the truckers!

I hope you enjoyed your tour of the

14 comments:

The Bipolar Diva said...

I'm always on vacation with you. I love it!

Donna B. said...

AWESOME!! I gotta post my pics from our day at Lake Las Vegas...hopefully tomorrow...

Unknown said...

Wow! What an amazing place! It sure must be huge! Thanks for the tour!

Gail said...

A truck lover's candy store!!!

Great shots.

Brian Miller said...

wow this is really cool...my boys would love all the trucks!

Anonymous said...

I adore going to truck stops, the food is always amazing, always lots of cool stuff to buy...this one looks out of this world, thanx for taking me along :)

Nancy said...

The had a DENTIST just waiting up there to help the truckers? LOL! This is quite the truck stop!

Teresa said...

very cool! we watched the history channel story about truck stops and this was one of the featured ones. made me almost want to take a road trip to see it. lol - now i don't have to!

Bossy Betty said...

So cool! I would have had to stop there too!

MarkD60 said...

This is a great post! I like the pics!

Betty Manousos said...

what an awesome place!
you always share very interesting photos, pat!

great shots!

happy weekend,

hugs!
betty xx

Fragrant Liar said...

Wow! That was like Disney World for truckers. Makes me want to become one! Meh, maybe not. But my brother's a trucker (...Up against the wall, brother trucker!), and I'm sure he'd appreciate that stop. Pretty cool.

Lynda said...

That's an amazing place. One could almost make it an overnight vacation spot! Truck stops are some of the best places to visit on the road when one needs food and a clean spot for a bathroom.

SquirrelQueen said...

Any place that has a semi inside has got to be fun. Truck stops are always interesting to explore as they usually have everything. This one looks way cool.